Name: Anita Schmidt
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Team: Lady Ducks
Number: 16 or 94
Right or left handed: Right
1. Favorite Hockey Team: Anaheim Ducks
2. Favorite Hockey Player: Freddie Andersen, Ryan Kesler, and Max Domi.
3. Favorite thing about playing hockey: Blocking as many pucks as possible & knowing you are playing a sport that’s all about teamwork and determination.
4. How long have you had Diabetes: I was 18 months old when I got diagnosed and now I’m 22 so 21 years in May.
5. Worst thing about having Diabetes: Hmm, I wouldn’t say it’s the “worst thing” but definitely the hardest is your dealing with it 24/7.
6. Favorite Pre or Post game food: Either a low carb protein shake or peanut butter sandwich with milk.
7. Do you wear an insulin pump or pod: Insulin pump: t-slim
8. How did you pick your jersey number: #16 even though I play goalie I need to keep the ball rolling with Domi and Clarke being number 16.
9. If you could play hockey with anyone who would it be: Max Domi
10. If you could tell people one thing about Diabetes what would it be: I would say it’s a hard thing to deal with sometimes but having type 1 has never stopped me from achieving my goals/dreams and neither should it let you if you have it.
We are looking for more #T1DHockey players for our “Quick 10” Series. If you would like to participate please send us a message or email us at [email protected] and we will send you the questions!