Welcome to a new blog called “A Quick 10”. This feature will be a quick 10 question interview with a T1D hockey player. Our first player profile is of our co-founder Logan Roach. If you are interested in being featured in a Quick 10 blog please email us at email@example.com or send us a message on Facebook!
Name: Logan Roach
Location: Utica, NY
Team: Whitestown Wolf Pack (White Mites)
Right or Left Handed: Right
- Favorite Hockey Team: Utica Comets
- Favorite Hockey Player: Hunter Shinkaruk
- Favorite thing about playing hockey: Scoring goals and passing
- How long have you had Diabetes: I was diagnosed in April of 2013
- Worst thing about having Diabetes: Getting poked!
- Favorite Pre or Post game food: Slushies and bagels
- Do you wear an insulin pump or pod: Yes. I have a pod.
- How did you pick your jersey number: Because its my favorite number 77 and it is fun to have a double number
- If you could play hockey with anyone who would it be: Taylor Vause
- If you could tell people one thing about Diabetes what would it be: That is not fun because you have to get poked and have to get shots. Having a pod has helped because we only change the site every 3 days. I also like not having the tubes on my new pod.